Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Preparation, Power, Purpose.......................Power

Power

To feel and see His power is what I yearn! When I think of the power of healing a body, a family, a community and the land of a nation; when I think about the power of prayer and fasting, the power of love, the power of our compassionate Jesus I can't help but think of this verse:

2 Chronicles 7:14-15 

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

The Power of Prayer
Then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered......... that part makes me think just as much as what is asked from us: if my people, who are called by MY name,  will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn away from their wicked ways.

I mean the latter part of the verse is great but the first part, what about the first part? What will make His power just rain on us and our lands? What will open his eyes and his ears be attentive to us? What will overwhelm him to just release power of forgiveness and the power to heal lands, nations? The beautiful action of humbling ourselves.....to pray... pray to seek his face... pray to change our wicked ways.

As I have seeked to spend time yearning to see his face I have come to the conclusion that being in His presence helps view the devastation in our homes, cities and for me in Haiti with eyes of Hope. God in all His glory shines his power in ruins, in the lost, in devastation. His power fuels me to see beyond all thedifferent ruins. Seeking his face shines beauty, healing, restoration, better new days, transformation onto my strayed son, onto an unhealthy body,  unto a nation lying in ruins, unto a community far from Him. Seeking to see His face shinning on us should be a glorious time. A time of powerful interaction with our God, our creator, our saviour and counselor! We can not go to a nation without consulting with Him, without bringing Him with us and without touching as His hands and feet! My priority has to be to seek Him, shouldn't be yours? I can do nothing without Him... He is my fuel, my force and fortitute. So as I prepare to take this journey to Haiti, it's been  not only about my journey to a nation of devastation it is also a journey to my place of devastation .... to a place of humbling myself to seek his face in prayer so He can heal ME, to a place of forgiveness from Him and from myself and healing of my spiritual land. And as he grants me the favor of his face and as he hears the moans and groans of my soul I am being healed and restored. It's been an amazing journey already!

I ask you to continue praying for me and the Ambassador Team as we are 6 weeks away from departing to Haiti. We are all preparing in different ways spiritually, physically and emotionally but also financially.. please pray in joining us in all these areas. Also, we will be hosting the Celebration Generosity dinners this weekend at the Yellow Box and Romeoville campuses. For more info visit: http://www.communitychristian.org/.

Thank you for your support and prayers!

Prayerful,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment