Monday, January 31, 2011

One year of waiting

In the past year from even before January 12th my attention has been on the nation of Haiti. My thoughts and prayers increased from January 12, 2010. I was on an airplane on my way to Guatemala, my family's native land, when I heard of the devastating earthquake in the country where  a little baby boy that had caught my attention months before lived or did he?. His name was Loubens and needed to come to the United States to get a surgery to remove a growth on his neck. I fell in love with the idea of hosting this child in his 6 month visit to Chicago to get his surgery at Loyola University. On January 12th my thoughts of Loubens shifted to wondering if he was alive, if the children were OK, if the orphanages with thousands of kids were safe? All theses questions and no answers.

For a year I have been praying for the opportunity to be able to go to Haiti.  Now you will join me in my Journey to Haiti. My church Community Chrisitian Church has teamed up with World Relief to work in Haiti for long term!

 Learn more here: http://communitychristian.org/ministries/generosity/village

"Over the past year since the devastating Earthquake in January, 2010, members of COMMUNITY's global team have been cultivating a relationship with an inspiring pastor and church community whose church and school buildings were both completely destroyed in the Earthquake.The church building that was home to a congregation of about 600 people along with the building that housed the school that church members ran for children in the community are located on a steep hillside in one of the most hard-hit neighborhoods in the Port Au Prince area."

I'm excited for this series of trips I will be doing. Join me and partner with me in this mission. I have created this blog to share my progress. A sort of  diary about my Journey to Haiti. My first trip will be April 9th, will you join me? Will you pray for this trip? Will you contribute to the mission? Will you celebrate with me the greatness of our God?

Psalm 74:21
Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name

No comments:

Post a Comment